Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Now that Nellie is here

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that Nellie is here what do we want for her?
    I would like to see more things for her that fit in with her character and the new story.
    I hope that they make the rust colored sailor dress shown in the new book. It is so typical of the era that Samantha should get one too. She also needs schoolbooks , a darker blue dress to go with the new hat, and
    fancy under wear. A before outfit would add to play value.
    I had e-mailed the Dollies Dressmaker ( Cindy Hernandez)that the Nellie doll was official. There is a possibility of some Before outfits from her.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I plan on making a before outfit for Nellie too. I'm going to look at the thrift store for an old garment to use. Faded colors would be best.

    Julia

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you know if they plan to write more than one short story about the Friend dolls. It does not seem as if they will have the vast collection that the main character dolls do. I guess Nellie is their experiment doll. See if the friends are as profitable as the main character dolls.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if Nellie will get her own bed/trunk. But she may not get her own bed because she and Samantha share in the book...but I don't think all her things will fit in with Samantha's in that trunk.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many items were mass produced in Samanthas time. It would be logical for Nellie to use a trunk and bed that were the same as Samanthas. Some things in Samanthas wardrobe were so typical of that time that Nellie could have the same. ( underwear, nightgown, white sailor dress, lawn party dress ) These are the outfits that I have seen in books of fashion history , pattern books and other book illustrations.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">I have a double of Sams flannel school dress/shoes, so im going to use that on Nellie as they go to the same school... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    (dare i say, i ALSO have a double of Sams brass bed and bedding, which ive set up right next to Sams bed in the retired scenes and settings bedroom. Nellie and Sam are wearing Sams nighties as well ..surprise, surprise i had 2 of Sams nighties !! [img]redface.gif[/img] )</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kathrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In "Samantha's Craft Book" on page 34, two girls are sitting together, the one (Samantha I guess [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) is wearing Sam's middy dress, and the other (wich could be Nellie) is wearing what appears to be a green version of that same dress, it is a very nice colour, and I'd really like that dress for Nellie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •